Custom Search

Friday, October 27, 2006

8 Questions for the Democratic party.


I read the news every day. I read my daily blogs. I write a little on what I see going on, then I sit back and think of things that really bug me.


Yesterday what really bothered me was how the Liberal manifesto sounded identical to the Communist manifesto and I wrote about here.

I have a few questions for the Democratic party today.

Today, the issue that races through my head, in small part, has to do with the elections coming up, but the larger picture is how these individual races in each state will affect us in the long run as a Nation.

We are a great nation and we are at war. That is a fact that 9/11 brought home to us clearly.

These individual races will be won or lost on quite a few issues, many say the war in Iraq is one of the major issues. People are unhappy with how the war is going. Did they expect a picnic? Did they think that war was not going to cost lives? Was not going to last years?

I have pointed this out and it is worth pointing out again. John Kerry stood on the senate floor and made a speech, in that speech he said "


"If in the end these efforts fail, and if in the end we are at war, we will have an obligation, ultimately, to the Iraqi people with whom we are not at war. This is a war against a regime, mostly one man. So other nations in the region and all of us will need to help create an Iraq that is a place and a force for stability and openness in the region. That effort is going to be long term, costly, and not without difficulty, given Iraq's ethnic and religious divisions and history of domestic turbulence. In Afghanistan, the administration has given more lipservice than resources to the rebuilding effort. We cannot allow that to happen in Iraq, and we must be prepared to stay the course over however many years it takes to do it right".

We tend to forget that this decision to go into Iraq was voted for by Democrats and Republicans alike. Here is the roll call if you need reminding. We also tend to forget that there were terrorists attacks long before 9/11, we just never fought back, we played defensive and now we are on the offense.

People that have been yelling at the top of their lungs about getting out of Iraq, such as the Washington Post, now say we cannot leave Iraq until it is stable. Has this not been what the President has been saying?

So, my questions to the Democrats, who claim they do not wish to "cut and run", questions everyone should be asking them before casting their vote in a couple weeks:

#1. Exactly what do you intend to do differently in Iraq to assure that we win?
#2. What exactly have you voted in favor of, in the name of keeping this country safe?

#3. Why have we heard no new ideas on what should be done in Iraq from the Democratic party?

#4. Why, when we do hear ideas from the Democratic party on Iraq, they are things that have already been tried and failed?

#5. Why are people like Charles Rangel stating publicly that he is going to cut funding for the war in Iraq?
#6. Why do we hear from part of the Democratic party that they wish to start impeachment proceedings against the President, yet other members of the party say it is off the board? How does that keep us safer?
#7. Why can we not get answers to direct questions about Iraq if you have ideas that will help win the war?
#8. Do you, as a party and as a candidate, wish to win the war in Iraq?

Number 8 is really the main question that keeps racing in my head about the Democratic party. Do they want us to win? If so, why have they voted against almost every bill that would help us remain safe as a country? I think these questions need to be asked and answered. Don't you?

I will leave you with these words from the President in an interview he had in the Oval Office with a small group of writers.
Meetings with the president at election time are overtly political, but the remarkable irony here was how little election politics came up in our discussion. Mr. Bush talked expansively about Iraq, the Maliki government, Iran, Syria, North Korea and the broader war on terror. When his own party's infatuation with immigration was raised, Mr. Bush briefly ticked off his own thoughts on immigration policy and swung back to this:

"I'm campaigning like mad, and I'm looking at people in the eye and saying, you better have a government that does everything in its power to protect you from attack. You're right here in the office where I get briefed every morning and I'm telling you it's on my mind, and I can't keep it off my mind. I was affected deeply by the attacks of September the 11th. It became clear to me that day that we were at war. I know we're at war."
He understands we are at war, as does the Republicans... do the Democrats understand that? Ask them and make sure you get an answer. It could be the difference between remaining as safe as we can be, and getting hit with another attack that may even be worse than 9/11.

Hot Air shows O'reilly asking Letterman my number #8 question, see it at Hot Air.

Blue Crab Boulevard and bRight & show the Democrats answer to question #1, kinda...sorta, well not really. Pirate's Cove has a good piece on GOP vs Democrats.

Blue Star Chronicles, Woman Honor Thyself, Stop the ACLU and the Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns has Open Trackbacks.