Custom Search

Friday, December 04, 2009

Palin Is Right- Obama's Birth Certificate Is Legitimate Question From Birthers

HEH

Lunatic you say!!!! I am crazy for even suggesting that Palin is right and even crazier for suggesting the birthers have a right to question whether Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen!!



Ok, here is the deal.

I believe Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States of America.

Clear enough?

So, why does my headline contradict my personal belief?

Because I cannot prove what I believe to those that do not believe the same thing.

If I cannot prove it to those that disagree and believe Obama is not a legitimate citizen, then those asking the questions have a right to ask them, whether or not I feel it is a wild goose chase or not.

Palin's response after the hoopla of her answer ripped through the blogosphere is on her Facebook page.

Voters have every right to ask candidates for information if they so choose. I’ve pointed out that it was seemingly fair game during the 2008 election for many on the left to badger my doctor and lawyer for proof that Trig is in fact my child. Conspiracy-minded reporters and voters had a right to ask... which they have repeatedly. But at no point – not during the campaign, and not during recent interviews – have I asked the president to produce his birth certificate or suggested that he was not born in the United States.


Sarah Palin is right. Even though she, nor I, nor many other conservatives are asking for proof, other Americans are and it is their right to ask.

Now, I understand proof has been provided to a point, but when this issue originally came up, Barack Obama fed into these conspiracy theories by avoiding presenting proof at the time, he stalled, he fought having to provide proof, he ignored the questions and he basically gave birthers a platform to stand on.

Agreeing that voters have a right to ask any questions they want of the man that was voted in as their president, is not the same thing as stating you believe the conspiracy theories or believe the basic premise behind their questions.

Note to birthers- Just as I believe you have the right to your questions, I also have the right to believe Obama is a citizen. I am not going to argue that particular point. The point of this post is that we all have the right to our beliefs.

.