Custom Search

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tiger Woods' Statement

Tiger Woods taking hiatus from golf

I have not been writing about this whole fiasco with Tiger Woods, which managed to make headlines, consistently, since he crashed his car on Friday, November 27, 2009.

At first conflicting stories started coming out as to what actually happened that night, but has since snowballed into woman after woman coming out of the woodwork to detail Tiger Woods' transgressions and marital problems.

Tiger Woods has issued a statement:

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.


Hard to retain privacy when the many women he had affairs with are speaking out and offering details.

Hard to retain privacy when advertisers and sponsors such as AT&T and Gillette are working to distance themselves from the star golfer.

Gillette:

"As Tiger takes a break from the public eye, we will support his desire for privacy by limiting his role in our marketing programs," said a statement from Gillette.


AT&T:

After Woods announced Friday that he was indefinitely abandoning golf in the wake of his woes, AT&T issued a statement offering their backing - to a point.

"We support Tiger's decision and our thoughts will be with him and his family," said AT&T spokeswoman Susan Bean.

"We are presently evaluating our ongoing relationship with him." Woods' ties to AT&T predate the golf bag deal.


One Mistress, Holly Sampson, is starting a "Golf project", another, Jamie Jungers, goes on "Dateline" and "The Today Show", while yet another, Jamie Grubbs goes on "Extra". (Via Examiner)

According to SFGate, Sampson was Woods' lover before he was married, although in the mass of woem that are coming forward, that detail is often overlooked.

There are more names than the ones mentioned above and more continue to come forward and now there is a scandal about nude photos of Woods as well as his attempt to block them from being published.

If they exist, it cannot be long before he is "exposed" by someone slapping them on the internet.

The latest count being reported is 16 different women.

“Braun told E! News the golf star would call her to arrange meetings with girls as he left wife Elin Nordegren, 29, at home.”

While Woods for years has continued his image as boring, that’s not how he was claims the Madam. “Braun said her girls told her Woods was “wild and a lot of fun” … He was tough to keep up with”.

Braun adds:

“He had a pretty big appetite for girls. Never just one girl. He would want to set up a whole weekend of partying and have ten or 15 girls 24/7. Mostly young, college cuties. In an average weekend in Las Vegas he’d probably spend $30,000 or $40,000.”

Reports the Sun “Braun claimed Woods called her from different cities to organise girls.”


Too late to ask for privacy and why on earth he thinks anyone will believe he is going to try to become a better man, husband and father is beyond me.

What a mess and seriously, if his wife actually believes he will stay faithful after all this and whatever news comes next, then she needs a shrink.

.