Custom Search

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Dragon is dead. LONG LIVE THE DRAGON!

I'm sure Robert Jordan would have very much understood the title, and the significance of the meaning behind it.

To the Rigney family, from the depths of my heart, my condolences and sympathies.

He will be missed by the world.

Sometimes even when you’ve fought your best…
Posted by Wilson on September 16th, 2007 in the Robert Jordan's Blog category

It is with great sadness that I tell you that the Dragon is gone. RJ left us today at 2:45 PM. He fought a valiant fight against this most horrid disease. In the end, he left peacefully and in no pain. In the years he had fought this, he taught me much about living and about facing death. He never waivered in his faith, nor questioned our God’s timing. I could not possibly be more proud of anyone. I am eternally grateful for the time that I had with him on this earth and look forward to our reunion, though as I told him this afternoon, not yet. I love you bubba.

Our beloved Harriet was at his side through the entire fight and to the end. The last words from his mouth were to tell her that he loved her.


James Oliver Rigney, Jr. aka Robert Jordan
October 17, 1948 – September 16, 2007
May the Wheel of Time return you unto green grass and blue skies...


Once and Always, An American Fighting Man


LinkShare  Referral  Prg

.