Custom Search

Monday, December 04, 2006

Is the Dinosaur Media striking back?


In the past two weeks, Newt Gingrich and now Gwyneth Paltrow have both had their words twisted and what they actually said misrepresented by the dinosaur media. The conspiracy theorist in me (yes, I'll admit to there being one inside me from time to time) says "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, is something deeper going on here?"


Consider this possibility. Bloggers are getting the word out there in a way that has never been done before. Bloggers dig in, investigate, and reveal the truth of the matter time after time after time (Examples: Reuters doctored photos and AP's story using the fraudulent Jamil Hussein as a "source" are two ) . Has the MSM created a new tactic, counting on Americans being knee jerk reactionaries, that misuses the words of people in order to send bloggers into a writing frenzy?

These TWO examples are causing me to look more deeply into things before I write about them, making sure that the facts are undeniably accurate before posting. I'd suggest that the rest of you do the same, because, as I said, the conspiracy theorist in me smells something fishy out of two HUGE misquotes in less than two weeks...