Custom Search

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I EXPECT to be Assessed

.
This article from ABC news absolutely stunned me.

A leader of the new Democratic Congress, business travelers and privacy advocates expressed outrage Friday over the unannounced assignment of terrorism risk assessments to American international travelers by a computerized system managed from an unmarked, two-story brick building in Northern Virginia.

Outraged... well guess what? I would be just as outraged if they were NOT assessing the risk.

I expect to be assessed.

As I have mentioned previously, I travel alot some months. There have been times where I have spent more nights a year, by far, in a hotel rather than in my home. It is part of my business.

They damn well better be assessing me and everyone else they can. I have the right to expect this. I have a right to know that our government is doing everything, using every tool in their power to assess the risks I am taking every time I get on a plane.

What is wrong with these people?

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Americans and foreigners crossing U.S. borders since 2002 have been assessed by the Homeland Security Department's computerized Automated Targeting System, or ATS.

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is beyord absurd that anyone would challenge the need for this type of system.

I have the right as an American Citizen to feel safe. Period.

More from Stop the ACLU.

Tracked back by:
AP Propaganda Rips Government Terror Ratings from GINA COBB...