Custom Search

Thursday, July 12, 2007

DailyKos turns against Cindy Sheehan, liberal blog turns against DailyKos

[Updates below]


Once in a while I visit some liberal blogs, sometimes for reactions to quote for my own posts on events that day and sometimes for no other reason than to get my popcorn, kick back and watch a great comedy routine that no script for any television comedy could compare to, especially the comment sections.

Today is one of those "latter" days.

Setting the scene:

July 8, 2007- MSNBC as well as dozens of other news sources report that Mother Sheehan, yanno, the women that had no problem betraying her son, Casey after he died in Iraq, left the spotlight, then 5 weeks later, came back and said that if Pelosi didn't impeach Bush, she was going to run against her in the next election.

See, that was a quick recap, huh?

Now, kick back, popcorn is on the table, grab some, drinks are in the fridge and enjoy the show with me.

Fast Forward to today:

I have been "warned"
by CindySheehan
Thu Jul 12, 2007 at 06:16:05 AM PDT

I can't post here anymore because my potential run for Congress is not on the Democratic ticket.

I have been deeply grateful for all of your support over the years. Your love and kindness helped me through lots of sleepless nights at Camp Casey '05.

If Speaker Pelosi does her constitutionally mandated duty and I don't run, then I can come back and post.

I know a lot of you are hostile towards my candidacy. Please understand that I am doing it for your children and grandchildren (and my surviving ones.)

Love always,
Cindy


So, DailyKos booted her ass out huh?

Uh Oh, some of the KosKids aren't so happy about that.

There are 1191 comments to that thread as of now, so I am only going to bring you some of the first ones and you can go read the rest if you have the stomach for some of the nonsense over there.

EAP says:


This is crazy !!

I don't see Cindy as a threat to anyone!!
IF I thought I could do the job, hell... I'd run !!
What a bunch of BS from "friends"??
This is NOT the kind of site I believed it to be .
Very disappointed in people here ......:{


bobinson says:

Troll diary? (8+ / 0-)

Sorry to hijack the thread but in the last 5 minutes some TU changed the tag from "GBCW" to "troll diary". While I don't think Cindy will do any good by running, I do not think she is a troll.


suspiciousmind says:

....pro/con Cindy. Looks like about half of us "Dems" are open minded free thinkers?


That last comments makes my point which I have stated here, KodKids do not want people to think for themselves, they want people to mindlessly go around repeating what DAILYKOS says dammit, when are you folks going to learn?

They are not allowed to think independently. Sheesh, haven't ya'll read the FAQ page over there?

The comment section is about half full of people agreeing with Kos on this and about half with people thinking differently. (This is only from what I read, so the fractions may be off when all comments are considered.)

But, Mother Sheehan has nothing to worry about because other liberal blogs will welcome her WHILE making the above stated point about Kos. (Via Booman Tribune)

I don't support her threatened campaign against Speaker Pelosi but Cindy Sheehan is welcome to post her thoughts here. Daily Kos seems to be incapable of co-existing with anyone on the left that doesn't automatically show fealty to the Democratic Party. It's becoming a nation of Paul Begalas.


Never let it be said that I do not occasionally agree with a liberal.

IMAO has some lovely campaign slogans for Mother Sheehan to use.

POSSIBLE CINDY SHEEHAN SLOGANS

* Not voting for her is like killing her son again.

* Are you thinking of voting for Pelosi? Chickenhawk!

* If you support Pelosi, you support the troops.

* A vote for Pelosi is real terrorism.

* If you want to kill more Iraqi children, then vote for Pelosi.


Now for those that think I am cold for my attitude about Sheehan, I used to feel for her until I read about the stunt with the fake grave press conference while her own son's grave went unmarked.(Link is up top)

My pity died right then and there.

Back to DailyKos comments where now they seem to be infighting a bit:

gloriousbastard says:

look at how Kossacks parrot the insults levelled at her by fox news a few years ago.

I'm deeply ashamed of this community right now


To which celticshel responds:

hung the moon and stars, you're a right-wing parrot? Give me a break. That's so overly simplistic it's ludicrous. Cindy Sheehan today is a much different person than the Cindy Sheehan of a few years ago. Reasonable minds can differ on whether the Cindy Sheehan of today is more or less attractive to them, politically, than she once was.

Let's not spin this upside down and sideways pretending the whole site has gone Tucker, that's unworthy of debate.


To which geph takes celticshel to task:

You threw out the completely absurd straw man statement, as if gloriousbastard said it or alluded to it.

So if you don't believe Cindy Sheehan hung the moon and stars, you're a right-wing parrot?


Then you trashed the statement that YOU made up. That is definitely a technique used by the Fox and the Cons.

It is obvious that gloriousbastard said nothing of the sort.

Thanks for demonstrating a basic essence of gloriousbastard's point so well.


Watching these people, who are usually on the same side about just about everything, infight over Mother Sheehan, gives us a good glance at how the Democrats so often shoot themselves in the head every time it looks like they are making headway.

They hate. They are angry people. They also seem to hate each other most of the time.

A glance into the mind of a true yellow Democrat.

Scary isn't it?

Worse yet, Cindy Sheehan was embraced whole heartedly by the Democrats and by Kos, she was used up and now because she isn't useful to them, they are throwing her to the wolves and getting nasty in the process as evidenced by Mary Julia's comment.

Let's get something really clear, right here, right now. If anyone else on this blog had posted the diary Ms. Sheehan had posted the other day, that poster would have been banned, and rightly so. I found that diary deeply offensive. My parents lived through the Depression, My Dad served in WWII, and they were Democratic activists all of their lives. They worked their butts off for the Kennedys. I recently lost one of my best friends to cancer caused by Agent Orange - He also worked for the Democratic Party all of his life, and died far too soon, thanks to his service in Vietnam.

I am sorry Ms. Sheehan lost her son in Iraq. I appreciate what she did in 2005. But enough is enough. We treat her differently because of all that, and I really don't understand why. I find it patronizing and indulgent, actually. Ms. Sheehan is not the only mother on earth who ever lost a child in a war. There are thousands of families right now who have lost a family member in Iraq.

As for this latest screed, I wonder if Cindy has read the comments from the last diary at all. I didn't "warn" her - I said she had offended me, and as far as I was concerned, she was no longer welcome here. I could care less whether she runs against Pelosi. Considering the views expressed in the previous diary, I doubt she could get elected to ANY office. I welcome any respite I can get from Ms. Sheehan.


I am going to end with lil love's comment because it is something I am see quite a bit of, the Democratic party fracturing:

and your emotive language, and answer the question: Yes, the maxim holds. That said, I would guess that I am more aligned with Cindy than I am with you - at the very core we are both disappointed with the Democratic party and are looking at other options.


Looks like Sheehan has added yet another division to the Dems quest for power and she might also be one of the reasons their support fractures and goes into different directions, thereby doing more damage to her former party than she could ever do to the Republican party.

Personally, I do not think Sheehan could do any worse of a job than Pelosi has done so far.

[Update]There are others just as amused as me:
Michelle Malkin, Red State, Ian Schwartz, Hot Air, LGF, Blue Crab Boulevard, Michael P.F. van der Galiƫn, QandO, Fish Wrap.







.