Custom Search

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Sarah Palin Outsmarts The Left Again?

Once again Sarah Palin says something, the left jumps all over it inferring she is simply stupid and ooooooops, she is right, thereby once again making fools and idiots of the left?

Did they really do it again?

Is Sarah getting the last laugh like she certainly did the last time the left leaped before looking?

Let us head over to William A. Jacobson, Associate Clinical Professor, Cornell Law School and see if Sarah once again proved that she is smarter than the liberal left.

Legal Insurrection:

Not having any real reason to look into it any deeper, Sarah Palin's statement that Revere warned the British that the colonial militias were waiting seemed odd.

But it appears that the popular version is not complete.

In fact, as pointed out at Conservatives4Palin, Revere did in fact tell the British that the colonial militias, who had been alerted, were waiting for them. Here is the original historical text written by Revere (spelling in original, bold added):
I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms
Palin's short statement on the video was less than clear; that sometimes happens but the part of the statement which has people screaming -- that Revere warned the British that the colonial militias were waiting -- appears to be true.

I am beginning to think Palin is deliberately picking parts of history that aren't well known just so she can make fools of the liberal left. She might figure she doesn't need to discredit them because they are so easily manipulated into discrediting themselves.

Just a thought.


Quick reminder about the last time Palin got the last laugh on liberals:

In October 2010, the left tried this and Sarah Palin made fools of them when she referenced the 1773 Tea Party and the left jumped right out of the plane, just to find out... ooooops, no parachute!!

Story: Sarah Palin referenced the 1773 Tea Party and members of the far left liberal progressive portion of the Democratic party decided to deride her for her lack of knowledge, it was tweeted, retweeted, reported on and generally the left were having a field day stating that Palin didn't know the date of the Tea Party.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, once they actually looked up the Tea Party, you know, using the dandy little thing called a SEARCH ENGINE..... the backtracking began.


I will end this as I ended the October piece the last time Palin Derangement Syndrome forced the liberal left to look like the bumbling idiots they truly are.