Custom Search

Friday, June 04, 2010

SC Politics: 'We already got one raghead in the White House, we don’t need a raghead in the governor’s mansion'

Wow... just wow.

Words fail me here, so long story short, South Carolina Republican State Senator Jake Knotts, did an interview with an online political talk show and said "We already got one raghead in the White House, we don’t need a raghead in the governor’s mansion."

He claims the show is comedic and he was joking.... uh huh, yeah right and I have a bridge to sell in Manhattan, any takers?

I was serious about words failing me here in the face of South Carolina politics, so I am going to show you some reactions by others.

AllahPundit at Hot Air:

I think this is going to be my last post about this race, guys. Every time I write one, no matter how hard I scrub afterwards, I can’t get the filth off my hands.


Harry's Place regarding the recent hit jobs against Haley:

Some joke. Free wheeling or otherwise. Sounds more like Knotts chose his words. Haley is an American of Indian descent. Her parents are Indian Punjabi Sikh immigrants from Amritsar although Haley is now a practicing Methodist. Knotts made the comment after discussing her Sikh background, according to Phil Bailey, a co-host of the show and the communications director for the South Carolina Senate Democratic Caucus.

The focus on Haley has been unremitting as her campaign has picked-up speed. She is also being targeted by a smear. Blogger and former Haley aide, Will Folks, alleges she had an affair with him. Haley has denied it and said if the rumours were proven she would resign. He has released a bunch of phone records. As you do.

The primary is June 8 and recent polls have shown Haley with a double-digit lead over Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer. She was the underdog at one stage, but not any more.



The Other McCain:

Maybe Nikki Haley actually is an Insatiable Punjabi She-Devil, or maybe not. I just don’t care anymore. She needs to win this election if only because her enemies so richly deserve defeat.


The Corner:

Maybe the video, if and when it is released (not up on the Pub Politics site as of this post), will make it so eminently clear that Knotts' comments were some kind of brilliant avant garde humor that I will be eating my words in 24 hours. But if this is the senator doing an "unintended slur" I'd hate to hear what he sounds like when he's really trying to offend somebody.


Ace:

That's it -- I wholeheartedly endorse Nikki Haley, if only because it will make monsters cry.


Erickson at Red State:

Andre Bauer’s primary supporter in the state legislature, the man who tried to force out Mark Sanford in a bid to get Bauer into the Governor’s mansion, goes on a political show and calls Nikki Haley a rag head. (More at Red Dog Report)

Jake Knotts is the guy. You know him. He’s allegedly the guy who hired a private investigator to look into Will Folks. He is the guy whose private investigator allegedly took a picture proving the affair.

It’s all too convenient. Let me break it down for you: Andre Bauer failed in his bid to paint Nikki Haley as a wh*re, so now he’s trying to paint her as a raghead. David Brody is serving as the useful idiot, most likely willingly. The story got out there this morning and Jake Knotts let loose this afternoon. It’s all designed to move the conversation from “is she a wh*re?” to “is she an American?”



I thought national politics were bad but this is just off the charts. Watching South Carolina politics is like seeing a trainwreck, you know the sight is going to sicken you but you just can't help looking.

I end this how I began this.

Wow.... just wow.

.