Custom Search

Monday, July 30, 2012

Romney Ad- These Hands: Ohio 'Dennis Sollmann, President of Sollman Electric and I built this'

By Susan Duclos

Hammering Barack Obama for what some consider the worst gaffe uttered in the 2012 presidential election, when Obama said the words "If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”  Mitt Romney follows up his "These Hands" campaign ad with another named "These Hands: Ohio"

Business owner, Denny Sollmann, stars in this ad, admonishes Obama for having "no idea "how we here in Midwestern Ohio have to try to run a small business from daylight till night."

[WATCH]

Transcript and H/T to Gateway Pundit:

VIDEO TEXT: “Sidney, Ohio”
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.”
· PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.” (President Barack Obama, Remarks, Roanoke, VA, 7/13/12)
VIDEO TEXT: “Denny Sollmann, Owner”
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.”
· PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.”(President Barack Obama, Remarks, Roanoke, VA, 7/13/12)
VIDEO TEXT: “Sollmann Electric Company”
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something. If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
· PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: “There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something. If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” (President Barack Obama, Remarks, Roanoke, VA, 7/13/12)
DENNY SOLLMANN: “I mean, I’m thinking, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’ He was trying to say: ‘Hey, you didn’t build that business on your own. The government helped you build it.’ And that’s what ticked me off more than anything. Mr. President, unfortunately you have no idea how we here in Midwestern Ohio have to try to run a small business from daylight till night. Not only my business, but other small businesses around here they’re all scared to death that the path that we’re headed with the current administration is not the path for America. We need a new path so that my son and my grandson can prosper like I did. What we need is a leader who truly understands, truly understands, how business works. My name’s Dennis Sollmann, President of Sollman Electric and I built this."
MITT ROMNEY: “The idea, to say that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motor…to say something like that is not just foolishness, it’s insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America, and it’s wrong.”
· MITT ROMNEY: “The idea to say that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motor, that Papa John didn’t build Papa John Pizza, that Ray Kroc didn’t build McDonald’s, that Bill Gates didn’t build Microsoft, you go on the list, that Joe and his colleagues didn’t build this enterprise, to say something like that is not just foolishness, it is insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America and it’s wrong.” (Mitt Romney, Remarks, Irwin, PA, 7/17/12)
VIDEO TEXT: “In Ohio, We Built It.”