Custom Search

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Video: Gabrielle Giffords To Resign From Congress

By Susan Duclos

A congress woman that members from both parties acknowledged was a good woman, a good legislator even if one didn't agree with her stances, who suffered a brutal attack in a shooting that killed six and left Giffords in the hospital fighting for her life after being shot in the head, has announced she is stepping down to focus on her recovery.

Video below of Giffords' announcement:




Transcript of video: (Via YouTube)

"Arizona is my home, always will be. A lot has happened over the past year. We cannot change that. But I know on the issues we fought for we can change things for the better. Jobs, border security, veterans. We can do so much more by working together. I don't remember much from that horrible day, but I will never forget the trust you placed in me to be your voice. Thank you for your prayers and for giving me time to recover. I have more work to do on my recovery so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week. I'm getting better. Every day, my spirit is high. I will return and we will work together for Arizona and this great country. Thank you very much."

.