Custom Search

Monday, September 17, 2012

Benjamin Netanyahu Meet The Press Interview: Iran In Red Zone

By Susan Duclos

Refusing, multiples times, to answer any questions about the U.S. elections to his credit and David Gregory's shame for continuing to try to draw him into it, Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, during a "Meet The Press", made it very clear that Iran is in the "red zone" and Israel will not wait to act until Iran has Nuclear weapons because by then it will be too late.

Key quotes in from the interview, video below:

"Iran with nuclear weapons would mean that the kind of fanaticism that you see storming your embassies would have a nuclear weapons."

"What's guiding my statements is not the American political calendar but the Iranian nuclear calendar"

"I think Iran is very different.  They put their zealotry above their survival.  They have suicide bombers all over the place.  I wouldn’t rely on their rationality, you know, you-- since the advent of nuclear weapons, you had countries that had access to nuclear weapons who always made a careful calculation of cost and benefit.  But Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism.  It’s the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today.  You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?  "

"I mean, I’ve heard some people suggest, David, I actually I read this in the American press.  They said, well, you know, if you take action, that’s-- that’s a lot worse than having Iran with nuclear weapons.  Some have even said that Iran with nuclear weapons would stabilize the Middle East-- stabilize the Middle East.  I-- I think the people who say this have set a new standard for human stupidity. "

[WATCH]