Custom Search

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Kid Christmas Cards and Letters for our troops from Mel Morgan

Melanie Morgan is the Chairman of Move America Forward, as many of my regulars already know, and she sent me the most touching email showing me how wonderful the children in our country are and how they just "get" what many adults do not.

Melanie will be heading to Iraq soon to visit with our troops and bring them goodies and cards from Americans.

From Melanie's site and the email asking to pass this along to my readers:

Don from Lake Ronkakoma, New York has been collecting hundreds, and now thousands of letters from school kids around his small town to send with me to Iraq to honor our troops at the Holidays.

He was kind enough to pass along a sampling of messages. As I read them for the post, it struck me --the grown-ups might not get it, but children sure do understand why our soldiers are so important!

Dear Soldiers,
Happy Holidays!! Thank you for protecting us. Have a good holiday. I am thinking of you during the holiday. Do you sleep at night?
From,
Mo

Merry Christmas! Go USA
You are cool
You Rock!!


Dear Soldier,
Happy Hollowdays
Hope you are doing well in Iraq.
I know the weapons you're using because I watch this TV Show called Future Weapons.
It is on channel 27. Thanks for protecting us.
From,
Steven

Dear Troops,
I hope you have a Merry Christmas even though you are not at home.
PS Hope you win!

Dear Savior,
I would like to say Happy Holidays to you from far away, and thank you for protecting me and the people around me.
BYE!!

And From our Move America Forward Christmas Cards and Letters!

Dear Soldier,

I’m making you a card. I hope you be careful out there in the Army. Make sure you watch out for those line minors (land mines). I know - I hate those too. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

By Demar (8 years old)


Thanks for fighting for our lives!!! If you have loved ones, fight for them. If not, fight for your dream wife! Love is the strongest feelings of all.
(Pink card with pink heart cutouts)


Soldiers Stay Strong.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Don’t worry,
We’ll see you.
You’re out there
And we’re at home,
Don’t worry,
I’ll see you soon.

You don’t have to worry about anything cause I’ll be by our side through the night and day.

God bless America, our home sweet home.
From: Keanu

These children understand what our troops are doing for us and their poems and cards and words from the heart are so touching.

Thanks Melanie for sending this to me and for all that you do.

Please make sure to visit the Daily Blog Files over at Move America Forward to see how the wonderful 40 stop tour across America to honor our heroes for the holidays is going.

Day 9, In Houston, and they just mailed out 13,000 more cards to our troops abroad.

We got some really good media coverage here, and got more when we went to the post office! About 4 people came from the rally to mail cards at the post office with us. We sent out 26 boxes…about 13,000 Christmas cards!


What a wonderful group.


Related:



.