Custom Search

Thursday, March 14, 2013

MSNBC Shakeup: Ed Schultz Removed From 8PM Slot, Chris Hayes To Replace Him

By Susan Duclos

Back in November after New York Times media correspondent Brian Stelter reported that Ed Schultz might possibly be removed from his 8PM time slot on MSNBC, Schultz took serious office and even ranted against the reporting:

Here’s the first thing I want to say: Brian Stelter, is that his name? Yeah, S-T-E-L-T-E-R. He’s never talked to me. And if he were to talk to me, I would tell him that I have overperformed in my time period for the third quarter and on my way to do that in the fourth quarter of this year, which puts me in bonus territory. You know, money? I mean, that’s how well we’re doing at 8 o’clock. And so I have never interviewed with the guy, he’s never called me or asked me anything.

Looks like Mr. Schultz owes Mr. Stelter an apology, since the news broke that Schultz is being moved from his the MSNBC nightly line up and his 8PM slot will now be held by Chris Hayes. Schultz's show, starting in April, will be aired on Saturdays and Sundays from 5-7PM.

Schultz claims the move was amicable, but sources tell Politico that Schultz was pushed out to make way for new talent.