Custom Search

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Remember 'Rosie Live'? O'Donnell Bombs Again As Oprah's OWN Cancels Show After 5 Months

By Susan Duclos

Rosie O'Donnell bombs again as news of Oprah Winfrey's new network OWN cancelling O'Donnell's talk show after just five months for lack of ratings.

“I thank Rosie from the bottom of my heart for joining me on this journey. She has been an incredible partner, working to deliver the best possible show every single day,” said OWN chief Oprah Winfrey in a statement. “As I have learned in the last 15 months, a new network launch is always a challenge and ratings grow over time as you continue to gather an audience. I’m grateful to Rosie and the dedicated Rosie Show team for giving it their all.”

Added O’Donnell: “I loved working with Oprah in the amazing city of Chicago. I was welcomed with open arms and will never forget the kindness of all I encountered. It was a great year for me -- I wish the show was able to attract more viewers -- but it did not. So I am headed back to my home in New York -- with gratitude. On we go!”

The Rosie show lasted longer than her last endeavor, Rosie Live, which was cancelled after the very first show which even fans called disappointing, and said "there is no shame in retirement."

Rosie, Rosie, what on earth were you thinking? Were you thinking camp? Were you thinking this will be big and brassy and so-over-the-top even the dancing cupcakes will be irresistible? For those of us who are, and remain, Rosie fans, who think “The View” will never quite recover from her departure, who think her desire to resurrect the variety show was, and is, a great idea, disappointment does not even begin to describe it. For weeks now NBC has seduced and tantalized with the promise of a cross between Carol Burnett and “Sonny and Cher.” And this is what we get? Rosie in a glitter top having Baldwin speak into her cleavage and making jokes about her weight? Someone get a hold of Tim Conaway, stat.


That show ended the night it began.

So, once again we say "Goodbye Rosie and good riddance to bad rubbish."

.