Custom Search

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Arianna Huffington Embarrassed On Morning Joe

Via NewsBusters, Arianna Huffington, host of "Morning Joe" Joe Scarborough and guests Rudy Giuliani and Mort Zuckerman got into a verbal free-for-all it seems, with Huffington ending up embarrassed and humiliated after attempting to hijack the conversation, which was supposed to be about Florida's Senate race and the candidates Charlie Crist and Marco Rubio.

Huffington's hijack attempt was in attacking Rudy Giuliani on Bernard Kerik, waterboarding and his presidential campaign.

All of the others called her out on it and Scarborough, obviously having enough of her pathetic attempt, turned the tables on her:

SCARBOROUGH: Hold on a second. Arianna, I've got to say this. Just stop. If we're going to do this, Arianna, I, understand, we're going to talk about your race in California.

HUFFINGTON: I never, I mean, my...

SCARBOROUGH: You ran for governor of California, and it was a complete flop. I still want to hear your ideas, and I don't always go back to your failures here or your failures there. But for some reason, you're doing it with Giuliani. And I, by the way, I would be defending somebody on the Left if someone on the Right was doing the same thing to them.

GIULIANI: The reality is you criticized the Tea Party movement and the right-wingers for getting terribly personal and terribly irrelevant and racist, and you're the worst offender. I mean, I come on here just to talk about Marco Rubio, you're attacking me on Bernie Kerik, you're attacking me on how I ran my presidential race. I imagine you're going to attack me on what I did in the Little League when I was a child. I mean, this is an over the top, emotional reaction as opposed to an intellectual discussion of whether Rubio or Crist would be the better senator.


Guess when the shoe is on the other foot, she isn't exactly thrilled with it.

Hot Air reminds folks, via video, that this is the first time Arianna has humiliated herself publicly.

Instead of having a discussion on the merits of the discussion, people like Arianna Huffington try to distract by going off on tangents that have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic. Many news media outlets and shows allow them to get away with it and I am glad Joe Scarborough not only didn't allow it, but when she continued, he turned the tables around and gave her a taste of her own medicine.

Kudos.

.