Custom Search

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wanna Know Why Young People Gravitate Toward Dems? Because Conservative Dudes (And Dudettes) Are Prudes!!

By Susan Duclos

"As conservatives, we’re all individuals. It’s time to start treating us as such, rather than trying to box women into what a “conservative woman” should look like."--- Katie Pavlich, Townhall


I took a test once, it was supposed to evaluate my answers to determine whether I was liberal, very liberal, moderate, conservative or very conservative.

It listed me as very conservative, much to my surprise because I have always considered myself simply moderately conservative. Then again it depends on what questions are used to do the evaluation, yes?

I mean had they asked me if I have a problem with conservative women wearing some revealing clothes, short skirts, maybe showing a little cleavage, I would have said I don't give a rat's ass and might have been evaluated as moderately conservative instead of very conservative.

I digress, sorry....

Now I watch, with dumbfounded amazement, the type of clothes police that I am seeing in the ongoing discussions about the women that participated in CPAC and I thank heavens that while many of the dudes (and some dudettes) are acting like total old-fuddy-duddy prudes, others are providing voices of reason.

I'm not the only one surprised at the level this debate has reached.

Datechguy's Blog:

What really surprised me was all the debate that has come of this from Melissa Clothier, then Erick Erickson Robert Stacy McCain (twice), Dan Riehl Daily pundit, insty, Little Miss Attila, Lisa Graas and more.


I have no problem with Dr. Melissa Clouthier, in fact I happen to enjoy her work, read her quite often, but when I see her advice to women who wish succeed in the business of politics, I have to wonder, by what right does anyone have to tell another how they are supposed to dress or act?

Women, if you’re at a conference where you’re learning to be a future politician or wish to succeed in the business of politics, dress the part. No, you don’t have to be in a business suit with pearls. However, modesty is a minimum. So:

1. No cleavage. That’s right. Cover that up. I say “no” in absolutist terms because women will show a tiny bit and that’s okay, but really, in a business environment where ideas are the priority, a dude thinking about your ta-tas is counter-productive.

2. Skirts no more than three finger-widths above the knee. Why do I even have to write this? Well, because someone is allowing these girls out of the house with mini-skirts that reveal too much.

3. Save the stilettos for Saturday night on a date with your boyfriend.

4. Bend at the knee. No, I don’t want to see your butt.

Young women, you degrade your own value by dressing and then acting the ho.



Ok, I will give her the bending at the knee thing but the rest? OMG, seriously???????

These are women, conservative women, that for the most part are pro-life, pro-marriage, pro-everything conservative with strong conservative values, yet other conservatives want to tell them what they or shouldn't wear, how they should or shouldn't act, what they should or shouldn't do?

Hello? If they are over 18, that is their choice. If not, then it is their parent's decision.

Are we not the political party that objects strenuously to nanny states telling people what to eat, how to act and wanting to control the masses?

You folks cannot have your cake and eat it too. You cannot act like a nanny yourself then object to nanny states doing the same with their populations.

I choose to dress conservatively, not because it is a "standard" or how I think other people should dress, but because I have the right to determine my fashion (I'm also 47, so well, yeah, moving along) and so do the women of CPAC that are getting a bum rap right now by the fashion police of the conservative party.

Look no further than this one example of many to see why young people gravitate towards the Democratic party and until conservatives understand this and stop being complete prudes in areas that truly are none of our business, we will never get them back into the Republican party.

This has been a public service rant, now back to regularly scheduled political programming.......

Hey, Teacher!!!! Leave them kids alone!- Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall Music Video below.



(Post has been update with Pavlich quote on top)