Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hersh Denies 'Nation' Report About Dick Cheney And Death Squads

I am working backwards here because of the serious nature of the claims in the original nation report, saying that Seymour Hersh told Arab TV that former US vice-president Dick Cheney had death squads formed and was responsible for the deaths of former prime minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto and Lebanese Prime Minister Rafique Al Hariri.

Hersh denies those reports, calling them "complete madness" and states clearly "Vice president Cheney does not have a death squad. I have no idea who killed Mr Hariri or Mrs Bhutto." He goes on to say "I have never said that I did have such information. I most certainly did not say anything remotely to that effect during an interview with an Arab media outlet."

Here is The Nation report.

Seems Hersh's denial is not exactly believed either and Right Wing News gives us a more likely scenario.

Because Hersh is claiming that the story is untrue. I'd offer him the benefit of the doubt, but, we all know what happened here. A liberal said something outrageous, got caught, and is now claiming that the report was wrong and all you people who believed it are nuts. Similar to what happened with Obama and the bitter clingers comment.

And, of course, some Moonbats completely bought the story, then went, woops, my bad, I knew it all along.



Moe Lane has some background on this supposedly secret "squad." Make sure to follow the links there.

.