Custom Search

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Video- Perry's Cornerstone Speech Highlights: Perry And Audience Having Fun

By Susan Duclos

Video below uploaded on YouTube by CharlieJohnson1986



Perry critics attempt to make fun of Perry asking "was he drunk?", but I happen to think that he took a speech, which most campaign speeches I consider to be boring as hell, and he made it fun, got laughs, enjoyed himself immensely.

Sounds like the audience did also.

[Update] Perry talks about his speech, via ABC News:

“It was a great crowd. Good response, and I guess you can do anything you want with a video and make it look any way you want, but I felt good, felt great. I think the message got across very well, so it was a good speech,” Perry told reporters at Drake’s Diner in Des Moines.


[Update 11/2/11] The Hill:

"I can tell you unequivocally he wasn’t drinking at the event and he hadn’t been drinking prior to the event," said Kevin Smith, the executive director of Cornerstone Action, the conservative group that hosted the event over the weekend. "I was sitting with him, and I found him to be very engaging with all of the people he was talking with, he was very articulate."

[...]

"The people there loved the speech. The reaction I was getting was 'wow, he hit it out of the park' — people were saying that was the Perry they wished they’d see during the debates," he said. "He was loose and passionate. He got a great reaction from the audience."


So much for the idiots that tried to create a "drunk" meme without any evidence to support their false claims.

.