Custom Search

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Restaurant Owner Kicks Out War Vet, Service Dog (Video)

By Susan Duclos

The owner of Big I's restaurant, in Oxford, Mass., kicked a disabled Iraq war veteran and his service dog out of his establishment on Saturday morning.

The veteran, James Glaser, suffers from PTSD. He and his service dog "Jack" went to the Big I's located at 578 Main St. but the the restaurant's cook and owner kicked them both out, despite Mr. Glaser's having all the appropriate certification papers.

Many times, he's [woken] me up from night terrors," Glaser told WFXT. "And then, during the day, when I get upset and mad or something scares me or whatever, he comes up and paws my chest."

Big I's owner, Russell Ireland, showing an amazing amount of ignorance about PTSD, stated "This is a post-traumatic stress dog. It's to give him emotional support. How much emotional support do you need when you are eating breakfast."






Cross posted to Before It's News