Custom Search

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Large Wall Mural Of Obama In Philly's Ward 35 Voting Location- Is It Legal?- Judge Orders It Covered

By Susan Duclos

Note- Headline points to PA but if you scroll down you will find problems, Obama hats, posters, murals, worker misinformation, etc..  in polling locations in other states as well.

Via a Twitter pic of Philly's Ward 35 voting station:

Question: Is that legal?

Guess not, see update directly below.


[Update] JUDGE ORDERS MURAL TO BE COVERED UP.


[Update] Sigh.... Looks like they didn't read the Judge's order clearly where it says to cover the mural "in it's entirety."

The either didn't read it, or the idiots don't understand what the word "entirety" means.

Other polling place illegal activity in Pennsylvania found here. (Hint- Judge had to order reinstatement of GOP election officials after Democrats illegally ejected them)

[Update] Another no no, Chicago, Ward 4 Precinct 37- Election judge wears an Obama hat.


It is called electioneering.

[Update] New York- Voter Wendy Long:

"This morning when I went to vote, a poll worker who was at the scanner, studied my private ballot and proceeded to tell me that it was rejected because I did not 'fill in every space.' She then proceeded to indicate that I should mark the Democratic line all the way down.

The poll worker said, 'you have to fill in all of THESE, all the way down," indicating the whole line at the far left of the ballot, saying 'you can't leave any blank.'"

I said, "I'm sorry, but that just can't be the case .... that would force me to vote for people I don't want to vote for."  She insisted again, that every office had to be filled out or the ballot would be rejected. And I said again "I don't want to vote for those people!"

I protested again and said that I wanted to feed my ballot into the scanner as I had filled it out. She eventually relented  saying 'well you can TRY it'  -- meaning she would allow me to put it in the scanner.

It obviously worked.

Know your voting rights.

[Update] Florida- Polling station has Obama poster hanging.

Precinct 1321-1251 at Jack L McLean Community Center in Tallahassee, FL


North Carolina- Reports that GOP poll observers having access blocked in NC.

[Update] DC- Another mural, two pics below, first before it was covered, then they covered Obama's face but not his logo. (Location- School Without Walls High School in Washington, D.C.)



Phots via Twitchy


Poll workers know better than to allow this behavior or this type of electioneering in the poll locations. The fact that they are doing it and allowing it, says quite a bit.

(Headline updated to reflect the PA judge ordering the mural at the Philly polling station to be covered up. )