Custom Search

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Casting the First Stone Should Not Be Done by People Living in Glass Houses


OPEN TRACKBACKS

This post is dedicated to FireDrew. His continuous babbling on my comment forum led me to ban him from commenting, because he obviously couldn't read where it says "Debate the issues, personal attacks will be deleted". Of course THEN he decided to start emailing me.... LOL

(An example of his class in comments AND emails: Joseph Karn-- caliburn.2006@hotmail.com -Now, about following the rules. Since when have any of you sh*t-s*cking*ssclowns EVER followed a rule that did not serve your purpose? F*ck you.) ----

I redacted the vowels.

Classy huh? Good example of a left wing winner :o)

The reason I dedicate this to him is because he decided to bring up Republican corruption and in MY mind, those that live in glass houses should never throw stones. So I did a few searches on Democratic Corruption, and although it would take all day to post the things I have found, I will list a few.

First a hat tip to Don Surber because he came up first on my search. So we will start with sitting political Democratic Scandals/Crimes/Corruption, then we will move on to past ones.

Now FireDrew has credited me with his balls since he seems to have lost them somewhere, so I guess I will nail them to my wall. I am female, hear me roar. If he had done his homework and read (if he actually CAN read) he would have known this, but I digress.

Before I start listing these offenses by the Democrats, let me assure you that I have been JUST as critical of every Republican scandal and crime.

From
Don Surber:

AP finally reported Democrats take the Senate, which means that body’s majority leader will be Harry Reid. He was the mentor for Dario Herrera, the Clark County commissioner who is now serving 4 years+ in the federal hoosegow for being corrupt. Before Herrera got tangled up in Strippergate, he helped out Reid by overruling the zoning board and upping from residential to commercial some property owned by a shell company. That quadrupled the property’s value, netting Reid $1.1 million in profit.

Nancy Pelosi will be the richest House speaker ever. She will appoint as head of intelligence a federal judge who accepted a $150,000 bribe. Alcee Hastings was impeached, ran for Congress and sat on his behind long enough to gain the seniority necessary to be the next intell head.
Her Ethics Committee chairman could be Alan Mollohan, who is under federal investigation for a kickback scheme in which he created five nonprofit orgs back “home” (well, in West Virginia) staffed by friends and former staff members. He fed those orgs a quarter-billion in federal money. They contributed to his campaigns.

If Mollohan is still too toxic for that duty, he will still head a subcommittee in appropriations, alongside William Jefferson, who will head the trade subcommittee. Jefferson knows all about trade having stuffed $100,000 in cold cash from Nigerian officials in his freezer. Jefferson faces a runoff election in Louisiana

Then we have
Robert Menendez:

TRENTON, N.J. Two Republican state lawmakers have filed a federal ethics complaint against Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez over $300,000 in rent he collected from a nonprofit agency for which he helped secure millions in federal dollars.

Assemblymen Richard Merkt and Guy Gregg allege that Menendez, who is running against Republican state Sen. Tom Kean Jr. for U.S. Senate, violated conflict-of-interest rules in his dual roles as landlord and lawmaker.

Menendez rented a three-story house in Union City to the North Hudson Community Action Corp. for nine years until selling the property in 2003, according to his campaign. The organization, which offers social services and health care to poor residents, paid Menendez, who was then a congressman, $3,100 a month in rent that was later raised to $3,200 and then to $3,400.

Let us not forget The
Clinton Legacy: (Keeping in mind that Hillary – in her own "two for the price of one" pronouncement – told the nation that she would be sharing the presidency with her husband, it would beg the imaginations of even her most fervent acolytes that the tsunami of scandals that inundated the Clinton tenure somehow escaped either the notice or personal involvement of Hillary herself.)

* According to our best information, 40 government officials were indicted or convicted in the wake of Watergate. A reader computes that there was a total of 31 Reagan era convictions, including 14 because of Iran-Contra and 16 in the Department of Housing & Urban Development scandal. 47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned. A key difference between the Clinton story and earlier ones was the number of criminals with whom he was associated before entering the White House.

Using a far looser standard that included resignations, David R. Simon and D. Stanley Eitzen in Elite Deviance, say that 138 appointees of the Reagan administration either resigned under an ethical cloud or were criminally indicted. Curiously Haynes Johnson uses the same figure but with a different standard in "Sleep-Walking Through History: America in the Reagan Years: "By the end of his term, 138 administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly - First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

Crime Stats:

- Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122

Forgetful Clinton "friends":

Number of times that Clinton figures who testified in court or before Congress said that they didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar.

Hillary Clinton 250.
Bill Kennedy 116
Harold Ickes 148
Ricki Seidman 160
Bruce Lindsey 161
Bill Burton 191
Mark Gearan 221
Mack McLarty 233
Neil Egglseston 250
John Podesta 264
Jennifer O'Connor 343
Dwight Holton
348 Patsy Thomasson 420
Jeff Eller 697

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.
I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2
I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

Read the rest
here.

Also more on
Hillary's Culture of Corruption here.

Another example is
Sandy Berger who removed and destroyed classified Documents.

Berger admitted last year that he deliberately took classified documents out of the National Archives in 2003 and destroyed some of them at his office. He pleaded guilty in federal court to one charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material and was fined $50,000.

During Berger's sentencing hearing Breuer (Berger's Attorney) characterized Berger as eager to get the facts of the Sept. 11 attacks right when he took the material, which contained information relating to terror threats in the United States during the 2000 millennium celebration.

Then we have One word....
ENRON.

The list goes on and on and on. This was an impromptu post brought about by a man who obviously didn't know that by bringing up Republican scandals might just reveal far worse from his own side of the aisle.



More on Democratic Corruption here.Thanks for the idea FireDrew!!!!!!!!

Consider this an open trackback.
Linkfest Haven.
Conservative Cat.
Third World County.
Stuck on Stupid.
Pirate's Cove.
Customerservant.
Right Wing Nation.

Woman Honor Thyself has a great post showing how happy the terrorists are that the Democrats won the seats in the houses. (must read)
Hugh Hewitt has a post about Team Hillary's bid to buy Tribune.
LGF has an interesting but disturbing post.
Thanks to Conservative Right for cross posting this.

Tracked back by:
History of Democrats In Power from Sma' Talk Wi' T... (Thanks for cross posting it)