Custom Search

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Republican National Convention Releases New Video, "Switchers"

By Susan Duclos

Lifelong democrats that supported Barack Obama are now supporting Mitt Romney.

WATCH their stories and see why:



AD FACTS: Script for "Switchers"

WOMAN: "I'm a lifelong Democrat that supported Barack Obama's election in 2008. I
caucused for him and went to the rallies and even donated to his campaign."

MAN 1: "Yes, I had high hopes for President Obama like all the other millions of people that
voted for him. It didn't turn out that way."

MAN 2: "Everything that he promised he wasn't going to do he did - and then some. And that to
me is, sort of, unforgivable."

MAN 1: "We didn't get hope and change. We got deficit and unemployment."

WOMAN: "We used to have 13 employees and now we're down to 7. And we've made all
kinds of cuts at the office."

MAN 2: "There's no support for business. There's no desire for businesses to grow jobs."

WOMAN: "Places across the street from us are empty and they have been for a long time."

MAN 1: "We lost millions of jobs, shipped over to China and Taiwan and the Philippines."

MAN 2: "People are just scared. And what's the solution? Have you heard anything in four
years?"

MAN 1: "Mr. Obama has run this country down in deficit so bad and unemployment so high--
$16 trillion. And I don't want my son and my grandkids paying for that deficit."

WOMAN: "As the co-owner of a small business, I'm not supporting Barack Obama this
time because I just don't see things getting better. I'm very concerned about the debt, the
overspending."

MAN 1: "I do not like Obamacare because it's going to hurt millions of people and put people
out of work."

WOMAN: "I'm supporting Mitt Romney because I think he's a great businessman, and that he's
turned businesses around. I like that he's turned the Olympics around."

MAN 2: "A Republican governor in a liberal state like Massachusetts, the fact that a guy could
get anything done in that environment shows me leadership."

MAN 1: "I think things will get a lot better if Mr. Romney is elected."

MAN 2: "You need a guy like Mitt Romney who can come in there, who can lead, who can put
forth some policies that make sense, and quite frankly just do something."

WOMAN: "I'd like to have a successful person in the White House. I think he'll just do a really
good job getting things done."

MAN 2: "He's created a lot of jobs. He's managed budgets. He knows how to fix things that are
broken. This economy and this country certainly need some fixing."

MAN 1: "No, I'm not going to vote for President Obama this time around."

MAN 2: "I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. I'm definitely voting for Mitt Romney in 2012."