We've all heard about the "horrible" U.N. Agenda 21, but few of us know much about it. I didn't even know where the name came from at first, but it's a name that's virtually guaranteed to stop the mind dead in its tracks. It just sounds mind-numbingly boring or worse. Thus most of us just move on without examination. Good planning by some sneaky folks, I'd say.
All many of us know is that it's some kind of "global partnership" for "sustainable development," which are code phrases for environmental shenanigans designed to take our American freedoms away. They are often called "Smart Growth" plans on the local level.
But what really is Agenda 21? Well according to the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs Division for Sustainable Development,
Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts on the environment. . . .
That should get your attention! It goes on and on because there are quite a few documents necessarily involved in regulating every area of human activity on this "Green" planet under one world government!
It's been around since 1992 but little by little it's taking over our local communities and what got my attention is our vanishing property rights under Agenda 21.
See study of the Report of Habitat: United Nations Conference on Human Settlements
The land policy of the United Nations was first officially articulated at the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat I), held in Vancouver, May 31 - June 11, 1976. Agenda Item 10 of the Conference Report sets forth the UN's official policy on land. The Preamble says:
"Land...cannot be treated as an ordinary asset, controlled by individuals and subject to the pressures and inefficiencies of the market. Private land ownership is also a principal instrument of accumulation and concentration of wealth and therefore contributes to social injustice; if unchecked, it may become a major obstacle in the planning and implementation of development schemes. The provision of decent dwellings and healthy conditions for the people can only be achieved if land is used in the interests of society as a whole. Public control of land use is therefore indispensable...."
Did you catch that???? If not, go back and read it slowly!!!
The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) has reached into many of our American communities to fundamentally transform our America. Read ICLEI is a Conspiracy and That's No Theory
Freedom Advocates is dedicated to fighting Agenda 21 and their FAQ's offer some interesting insights:
Q9. What are the mechanisms that perpetuate Agenda 21 programs?
The main mechanisms for Agenda 21's advance are the current monetary system coordinated through the Bank for International Settlements and trade policy dictated by the World Trade Organization. If not stopped they will transform humans into livestock (Agenda 21).
The United Nations’ Agenda 21 Sustainable Development is a movement. The commitment was coordinated by the following:
1) Agenda 21 was agreed to by 178 nations (with their funding capacity) including grant money.
2) Thousands of NGOs (Non Governmental Organizations) are accredited by the United Nations for purposes of implementing Agenda 21 Sustainable Development.
3) Multinational corporations and other businesses that partner and often receive subsidy from government advance the economic and marketing components of Agenda 21 Sustainable Development.
4) Academia is nearly fully infiltrated with Agenda 21 implementers (many of whom are truly useful idiots) as academia is organized and financed to advance Agenda 21 Sustainable Development ideas among the youth.
5) Private foundations including Pew, MacArthur, Packard, Carnegie, Mellon, Turner, Rockefeller, Soros, Gates, Tides, Community Foundations and many others are also financing Agenda 21 Sustainable Development objectives.
The John Birch Society has produced a very good overview of Agenda 21 which will chill you to the bone.
Cross-posted fromFaultline USA