Custom Search

Monday, June 11, 2012

Obama and Netroots Nation: Tainted Love

By Susan Duclos

Every year after the far left liberal annual conference dubbed, Netroots Nation, reports come out about how enthused they are to hold their Democratic politician's feet to the fire and a laundry list of demands they plan to make, but this year, apathy and despair seems to be the overall mood from the Netroots regarding Barack Obama.

Unlike 2008, the progressive liberal base isn't excited this year about their candidate. They are  full of complaints and criticisms about obama. The consistent bad news that has hit the Obama administration since even before the "official" launch of his reelection campaign hasn't provided anything for them to grab onto to excite the base either.

John Fund describes the mood:

Indeed, enthusiasm for Obama was decidedly absent from this year’s gathering. Administration officials weren’t invited to attend (Valerie Jarrett and others have appeared in the past), and President Obama limited his role to an unpublicized surprise video shown to delegates late on Saturday, when many people had already left. “Change is hard, but we’ve seen that it’s possible, as long as you’re willing to keep up that fight, I’ll be right there with you,” Obama offered. Not exactly a stirring call to arms, and the tepid applause his video garnered can’t have pleased Team Obama.

Perhaps the best indicator of the honeymoon being over between the Netroots and Barack Obama is Daily Kos Founder, Markos Moulitsas when asked if he was concerned about the level of despair by Daily Beast, he answered "The administration should be worried about the level of despair here."

Tainted Love- Soft Cell









Lyrics via lyrics on demand:

 Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night 
(chorus)
Once I ran to you (I ran)
Now I'll run from you
This tainted love you've given
I give you all a boy could give you
Take my tears and that's not nearly all
Oh...tainted love
Tainted love 
Now I know I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
You don't really want IT any more from me
To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
And you'LL think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way 
(chorus...)
Don't touch me please
I cannot stand the way you tease
I love you though you hurt me so
Now I'm going to pack my things and go
Tainted love, tainted love (x2)
Touch me baby, tainted love (x2)
Tainted love (x3)