Custom Search

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Republican Debate Don't Ask, Don't Tell

I am traveling starting at 4:30am tomorrow morning, so between packing, cooking and getting everything ready for the sale, I do not have too much time.

The debate is same old same old and as far as I am concerned it is too early for this, BUT for those that are interested, Pajamas Media is live blogging and so is Michelle Malkin.

I simply wish to make one point about the one question that always bothers me the most.

The candidates were asked if they would change the military policy of "Don't ask, don't tell" about gays serving in the military.

This question annoys the hell out of me for one basic reason, I personally don't give a DAMN whether you are homosexual or heterosexual, a persons sexual preference should be PRIVATE!!!!

I do not wish to hear about anyones sex life or preferences, and firmly believe that what goes on behind closed doors should stay there, so what the hell is the point of these question and why is this an issue at all?

If a heterosexual man/woman ran out yelling "I am straight" or announced it to everyone they met, wouldn't that upset or offend a homosexual person?

Then why on earth do people think that homosexuals wish to run out screaming "I am gay!!!"?

I think that no one should be asked (heterosexuals or homosexuals) nor should anyone wish to tell.

Rant over, now head over to Michelle Malkin's site or Pajama Media's site if you want to hear more about this boring, too early, ridiculous debate.

I will be back to blogging on friday.

.