GOE rally at West Point Academy
The ANSWER coalition has begun its 2007 spring offensive called “TURN UP THE HEAT” by targeting the roots of our military, the academies, with protests on their graduation days. They will begin this on May 23rd at the Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT., and then move to the United States Military Academy at West Point on May 26th. Their intent is to “IGNITE A FIRESTORM” of opposition to the war and our troops.
Together these two events are our next big opportunities to rock them back on their heels and demonstrate that we are here to stay!
The Gathering of Eagles is the fire suppression team. We will rain on their parades wherever they gather. We will defend our troops, our memorials and our country from the disruption, distortion and lies they plan to spread. We will teach them not to play with matches. Bring your flags, friends, family and neighbors to stand fast for freedom! Let’s Roll!
For Information on the Coast Guard Academy Action visit the Connecticut forum where Jim Bancroft is ably handling the action.
The West Point action will take place entirely within the community of Highland Falls, New York, which borders the southern edge of West Point and the Thayer Gate to the academy. Highland Falls is also “Hometown, USA” so named by the media when the Iranian hostages passed through after their captivity in Teheran. The media would love to use that label again as if Hometown, USA, representing all of mainstream America, supported the anti-American message of these protesters.
We will be gathering at two primary locations at 8:00am.
The first location, Veterans Park, is at the southern juncture of Main St. and West Point Highway. Parking at that location is accessed via a street named Town Hall Row, just north of the park.
The moonbats will be assembling there also between 8:30 and 9:30 am. Our mission at this location is to protect the memorials in the park. When the opposition begins their march to the Thayer Gate up West Point Hwy, a major portion of those Eagles will walk up Main St. which parallels the Hwy. and join those already assembled at the gate and on the median between the two roads.
The second location for parking is the median between Main St. and West Point Hwy. This will be a prime location for commenting on the parade of lefties as they march by, similar to the moonbat parade past the Lincoln Memorial at GOE I. As the opposition passes by on their way to the gate prepare to shift to the other side of the median because they will return down Main St. to return to the Park.
The distance between Veterans Park and the Thayer Gate is about 1/2 mile.
The opposition usually musters about 500-600 protesters for this type of event. Even with GOE II going on in DC we should still be able to muster a respectable number of Eagles and members of supporting organizations.
Arrangements are being made for live blogging of this event for those who cannot be there in person, and to create a historical record for the GOE.
Follow the directions of GOE Marshals who will guide you to parking areas and will be able to direct you to the best locations to make our presence felt.
After the action many of the participants will be heading down to Washington. Anyone interested can join in a convoy down.
Contact me via email if you require more information, can volunteer to marshal the event, have detailed knowledge of the location, or have special requirements that need to be addressed.
Rules of Engagement
1. Wear Patriotic Clothing, Eagles arm bands, and bring your American Flags and banners. The American Flag is the most important symbol to bring to define who we are and what we believe in.
2. Keep a smile on your face and be friendly and pleasant to those around you, remember this is “Hometown USA” and the citizens are on our side. Do not block streets or sidewalks. Let the normal business of the town take place around you.
3. Be aware that some or even many of the people who are demonstrating have been paid to be there and have absolutely no investment in the anti-war cause. This is especially true for demonstrations that are organized by various communist groups.
4. Listen to and obey any police instructions about where you can stand, how you can interact with the anti-war demonstrators, and what the local terms of engagement are. The police have been trained to keep everyone safe and they just want to do their job.
5. Listen to and obey any instructions from Gathering of Eagles Marshals. They will have communications links with local police.
6. Feel free to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, chant USA and sing God Bless America, the Star Spangled Banner or Yankee Doodle as the moonbats parade by.
7. Although many will be leaving immediately after the rally to head to Washington, DC for GOE II, many others may choose to remain in town until traffic dies down a bit. Feel free to patronize the local restaurants and shops. Remember to wave your flags and cheer for the parents and graduates as they leave the academy after the graduation ceremony.
Time for the Eagles to soar again folks, to let our military and those graduating that Americans, decent Americans, are willing to stand up to the anti-military left in their name.
Fly High Eagles and once again, thank you for all you are doing.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
EAGLES UP!!!!! GOE Call to Action
A quick Gathering of Eagles update with a thank you to them for the emails letting us know what is happening and what events are planned.