Custom Search

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Idiotic Reactions To A Stupid Argument: 'We Can Prevent Rape By Telling Men Not To Commit It'

By Susan Duclos

According to a Democratic Strategist Zerlina Maxwell, if men were trained not to rape women, women wouldn't need guns to protect themselves.

I would point out, that if men and women could be "trained" not to break the law, there would be no need for police at all and there would be no full prisons, never mind police having to be armed with guns as well.

[WATCH]- Zerlina Maxwell on Hannity (H/T TheBlaze)



One has to wonder if Ms. Maxwell also believes in Unicorns.

As stupid as the argument is, there is no excuse for the reactions Ms. "Misguided" Maxwell has received in response to her assertion that "We can prevent rape by telling men not to commit it."

Wishing death on her and telling her, via social media that she should be raped, is inexcusable and not representatives of the mindset of Second Amendment supporters, and should be condemned in the strongest language possible.

One last point... Ms. Maxwell wrote a post about this and stands by her assertion:

"I think that the entire conversation is wrong. I don’t want anybody to be telling women anything. I don’t want men to be telling me what to wear and how to act, not to drink. And I don’t, honestly, want you to tell me that I needed a gun in order to prevent my rape. In my case, don’t tell me if I’d only had a gun, I wouldn’t have been raped. Don’t put it on me to prevent the rape."

No one is trying to force Ms. Maxwell to go buy a gun, that is a personal choice, but by the same token, no gun grabber and gun control proponent should dare tell any women that wants a gun, that her constitutional right to bears arms in order to defend herself, should be taken away from her.

I would also disagree vehemently with her comment that a gun doesn't prevent rape. I would strongly assert that a gun is, indeed, a great preventative measure against rape.

Women Shoots Man Trying To Rape Her

87 Year Old Hero Shoots Man Trying to Rape Pregnant Woman

Guns did prevent those rapes Ms. Maxwell.