Barack Obama gave an obvious campaign speech aimed towards his base on June 29, 2011 where he mentioned breaks for "corporate jet owners" six times.
With a dismal failure of a record on economy where the majority of the public disapprove of his handling of it, the U.S. suffering the highest rates of unemployment under Obama, higher deficits than have ever been seen, and raising the national debt higher than any other president , Obama made a deliberate political calculation to distract from those issues and focus his base on a perceived unfairness of some people being more successful in business than others.
Occupy Wall Street protests
By mid-July, Obama started reaping his profits from his political calculation to distract from his dwindling poll numbers and failed economic policies when his class warfare rhetoric gave way to an idea to protest "greed" by occupying Wall Street by a George Soros funded group called Adbusters.
Their motto: "The one thing we all have in common is that We are the 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%."
Obama's politically calculated and divisive class warfare campaign has now resulted in approximately 1,000 arrests of protesters to date.
Lawmakers are now receiving death threats, emails with subject lines "Time to kill the wealthy."
The email demands state leaders "stop shoveling wealth from the lower 99% into the top 1% and you're going to set aside your 'no new taxes on anybody' pledge."
It calls on the leaders to spread the wealth and to start by raising the tax rate on New York's millionaires.
A tax surcharge on the rich is set to expire at the end of the year. While Assembly and Senate Democrats have argued for the tax, Cuomo and Senate Republicans blocked its renewal.
"You're going to do it, or we are going to sow the kind of choas you are unequipped to deal with," the email said. "And you're going to find yourself in a country where you and your wealthy friends are gonig to be hunted."
Feeling warm and fuzzy yet about the deliberate class war Obama has been stoking across the country, which now Democratic lawmakers are embracing?
If not, wait, there is more.
Via The Politico:
“It’s time to tax the millionaires!” reads the email, according to WTEN in Albany. “If you don’t, I’m going to pay a visit with my carbine to one of those tech companies you are so proud of and shoot every spoiled Ivy League [expletive] I can find.”
The email, with the threatening subject line of, “time to kill the wealthy,” was detailed and disturbing.
“How hard is it for us to stake out one of the obvious access roads to some tech company, tail an employee home and toss a liquor bottle full of flaming gasoline through their nice picture window into their cute house,” wrote the author of the email.
The email references terminology that has been used in the “Occupy Wall Street” movement - that of 1 percent super-rich exploiting the remaining 99 percent of Americans. The angry message demanded that Albany politicians “stop shoveling wealth from the lower 99% into the top 1%” and “set aside your ‘no new taxes on anybody’ pledge.”
Some Democratic lawmakers are even likening the Occupy Wall Street protesters to a liberal version of the Tea Party. They are also trying to "harness the anger."
Problem for them is when you look for Tea Party death threats on Google search, you find threats made against the Tea Party members, not Tea Party protesters threatening to kill lawmakers.
Polling Numbers For Obama
Has Barack Obama's deliberate stoking of a class war to distract from the his poor job performance helped him in the polls?
According to the latest polling, Obama's disapproval numbers have continue to rise.
President Barack Obama's disapproval rating hit an all-time high of 55 percent in a new poll from Quinnipiac University, and in the most troubling poll news for Obama to date, independent voters disapprove of Obama's job performance by a 56-38 margin.
Approval of Obama's handling of the economy — certain to be the most significant issue in the coming election — hit another record low at 32 percent, with 64 percent disapproving.
Obama Puts Reelection Above Country
I do not think Barack Obama intended to stoke the fires to the point that would result in other countries reporting "unrest in America" or headlining articles with "Unrest grows in land of the angry and home of the fearful," and death threats against the wealthy and lawmakers, but no matter what he intended as he tried to turn his dwindling poll numbers around, this is the result of his words and actions.
Not only did he stoke those fires, as of this morning, he has continued to do so.
Obama has deliberately divided the country, all for the sake of his reelection aspirations.
Are you happy now Barack?
[Update] Email text found here.