By Susan Duclos
I said I would link to the GOP's America's Job Creators Act when it was unveiled yesterday and they have it online now so I will paste the summary below and the 10 page PDF link is here.
Empowering Families, Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:
• Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a
significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
• Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:
• Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by
streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals
including small business owners to no more than 25%.
• Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits
without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create
Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers:
• Pass the three pending free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea to
create up to 250,000 jobs.
• Continue to open new markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:
• Modernize our patent system to protect our nation’s innovators, discourage frivolous
lawsuits, and expedite patent reviews.
• Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline
development of new products.
• Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete
in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century:
• Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production.
• Encourage all forms of energy production.
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means:
• Build upon the House Republicans’ Budget by enacting significant spending cuts.