Custom Search

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Lincoln: 'I don't support reconciliation'

Initially the story was that Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) might consider reconciliation if the bill was acceptable, but the updates say she claims her comments have been mischaracterized.

Lincoln's statement:

"Sen. Olympia Snowe and I have proposed a bipartisan way forward on health care and I still hope that my colleagues will consider it," Lincoln said. "I have promised my constituents that I will not support income tax increases to pay for health care and I will seek bipartisan solutions. This takes budget reconciliation as an alternative means to pass health care reform off the table for me. I have fought for and ensured transparency throughout this process, and I believe we must get over this final hurdle using the regular rules of the Senate."


Rasmussen and PPP both show Lincoln is facing an uphill battle for her reelection chances in November and unclear staements subject to misinterpretation like the one above, is not helping her chances any.

Real Clear Politics averages show Lincoln trailing Republican challengers, Boozman, Baker and Holt.

.