Custom Search

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Video- Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann Won't Run For Re-election

By Susan Duclos

Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann announces, via video on her website, that she will not be running for re-election in 2014.

[WATCH]



From her website:

Thank you for watching my video. Please share your thoughts with me in the space provided below. As I said in my video, I will continue to work overtime for the next 18 months in Congress defending the same Constitutional Conservative values we have worked so hard on together -- and I will continue to keep you updated as I always have. Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your continued support. I look forward to working with you in the near future.
Bachmann's announcement is generating a lot of buzz as you can see in the headlines and discussions over at Memeorandum.

National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Rep. Greg Walden issued a statement saying Bachmann "has been a tireless advocate and dedicated Representative for the people of Minnesota’s Sixth District."

"Michele was the first Republican woman elected to represent Minnesota in the U.S. House of Representatives, and she has worked hard each day to ensure that her constituents’ voices are heard in the halls of Congress," he continued.

In her video, shown above, Bachmann states " I promise you I have and I will continue to fight to protect innocent human life, traditional marriage, family values, religious liberty, and academic excellence."

It should be interesting to see what form her fight takes and it would be highly entertaining to see her team up with Sarah Palin in some way, just to watch liberal talking heads explode on a regular basis.