Custom Search

Saturday, September 18, 2010

VIDEO, Palin Speech In Iowa- Sarah Palin For President In 2012?


Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Via Fox:

"If the American people were to be ready for someone who is willing to shake it up, and willing to get back to time-tested truths, and help lead our country towards a more prosperous and safe future and if they happen to think I was the one, if it were best for my family and for our country, of course I would give it a shot," she said.

"But I'm not saying that it's me. I know I can certainly make a difference without having a title. I'm having a good time doing exactly that right now."


White House press secretary Robert Gibbs surprisingly stated that Palin might be "the most formidable force in the Republican Party."

Put those two articles together and I would have to ask myself why Sarah Palin would even want the job of president?

She is having a good time, she is making boatloads of money, she is a driving force unto herself without the red tape and trappings of holding a political office.


Palin related news shows Sarah drew the largest crowd in history for the Iowa GOP Reagan fundraiser to help the state Republican party.

But Palin gave little hint about her plans, either in her speech or her schedule in Iowa. She did tell a joke about a conversation with her husband in which he advised her not to be caught in tennis shoes or else face headlines of “Palin in Iowa decides to run.”

The crowd roared.


Full video of Palin's speech below, in two parts.





[Update-Side note] This may not be popular with those that do want Sarah Palin to run in 2012 for President of the United States ..but......

Setting aside that possibility, when conservatives make the choice of who is going to run in 2012, Palin would be a large part of the driving force behind that person, her name, her formidable presence as Gibbs so aptly described it, her ability to draw larger crowds than normal, her ability to fundraise, her unyielding pride in America and so much more, all would be behind this person in full force.

Who holds all those qualities and could do as much for her if she were to run for President?

No one.

I am not trying to relegate Palin to "'cheerleader" status, believe me, I like Palin and believe that in 2016 or 2020 she would make a formidable opponent, I am simply pointing out that if Palin is the candidate in 2012, the attacks would be so massive, the fun she is having now, the abilities she has to drive elections as she has been doing lately, would be negated because she would be the one in the spotlight and no one can do for her what she can do for others.

Just something to think about.


ADVERTISEMENT


Conservative T-Shirt Store