Custom Search

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rush Limbaugh, Harry Reid, Phony Soldiers and Real Soldiers emails supporting Rush

Last night I showed you the text of Clear Channel's response to the idiocy that Harry Reid sent them.

You can recap the whole fiasco here where I have all my Rush Limbaugh, Harry Reid posts on one page. (That page has the full Rush Limbaugh transcript, video, history of Hillary Clinton and Media Matters...everything to do with this controversy.)

For those that do not like clicking links, here is the short version:

Harry Reid along with some other Democratic politicians decided to make even bigger fools of themselves than they already had made of themselves, when they jumped on the Media Matters distortion of what Rush Limbaugh said, and then they wrote to whine to Rush's boss at Clear Channel.

Reids goal was to Try to further perpetuate the original lies that Media Matters reported by showing only partial transcripts and portions of the video/audio of a discussion that Rush Limbaugh was having about "phony soliders" like Jesse MacBeth, who was sentenced for fraud after being embraced as the the darling of the anti-military crowd, until they discovered all his horror stories were outright lies.

Media Matters distortion was that Rush was talking about "any" soldier that disagreed with our action in Iraq was a phony soldier. The full transcript shows the truth and the context in which the term "phony soldiers" was used, which had Media Matters shown the full thing everyone would have seen and heard that 35 seconds after those comments with his caller, he made sure to reference Jesse Macbeth.

Instead they led the Democratic politicians right off the cliff.

The whole transcript of what Rush said can be found here.

We now see that Iraq soldiers are emailing Rush Limbaugh to show support for him because they actually read the whole transcript and see and are stating the ridiculousness of the Democrats and far left liberal unhinged position on this whole manufactured controversy.

EMAIL #1:

Dear Rush,

Mega-dittos from one of the soldiers adopted for your Rush 24/7. I'm writing this from the MWR in Tallil AFB, Iraq. After reading your Friday "phony soldiers" monologue, I had Democrats pegged as stuck on stupid and it's still hard to believe they are THAT stupid to accuse you of besmirching us, given their track records. And, come to think of it, they besmirch us yet again at the same time they accuse you because to go by whatever they pass off as "reasoning", to believe that you besmirched us would be lumping all REAL soldiers and veterans with Jesse MacBeth and all other scumbags like him.

What was the point of passing the recent "Stolen Valor Act"? Well, anyway, here's a copy of the email I sent to my House Rep, John Carter R-TX; as well as my Senators, Kay Bailey Hutchison R-TX and John Cornyn R-TX. It reads:

Dear Senator Cornyn,

I am a soldier in the Texas Army National Guard currently deployed and stationed in Iraq. I am with the 3/144th Infantry and we are at Tallil AFB. I'm also a fan of the radio comedian, Rush Limbaugh. I have been since I first watched his TV show in the early '90s and listened to his radio show all through college. Currently, I am a free subscriber, under his Adopt-a-Soldier Program, to his Rush 24/7 service and I always read his webpage when I access the Internet at the MWR here. So I'm calling your attention to this page here:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_092807/content/01125106.guest.html


As you read it, you will see that Rush is being accused, falsely, of trying to besmirch the troops with a commentary he made recently about "phony soldiers." I read that particular commentary when it was posted and it was quite clear to me that his main focus of that commentary was a man (and I use the term loosely, I might add) named Jesse MacBeth, a star of the "anti-war"/pro-Al-Qaeda movement who became such a celebrity after he claimed to some news outlet that he was a former Corporal in the US Army Rangers, recipient of the Purple Heart, and a witness to atrocities committed by US troops in Iraq -- all of which were not only proven false, but MacBeth himself has been convicted this past week of submitting a false VA Claim and falsifying his DD-214. As it turned out, he was in the Army...for all of 44 days. He didn't graduate basic training, let alone Ranger School, so he was never in Iraq and never got the Purple Heart. He was one of many frauds and hoaxes propped by the Democratic Party and groups like Media Matters, Code Pink, and MoveOn.org in an attempt to push their agenda.

As you read further, you will find some of the most ridiculous and hypocritical commentary ever uttered by members of Congress in our history coming from DNC Chair Howard Dean, Webb, Schakowsky, and especially John Kerry among others, all with a clear history of besmirching -- and in the case of Murtha, actually Nifonging -- the troops themselves. That is some of the most ridiculous BS I've ever heard from politicians and would actually be funny if I wasn't over here. These freaks have no room to talk, and even now by accusing Rush Limbaugh of besmirching us, they are still besmirching us by trying to bring us down to the level of Jesse MacBeth and his ilk. Now that's real insulting, and I would want my congressman to call those a[-----]es (excuse the language but I don't know what else to call them that can actually be nice) on it. What was the point of the recently-passed Stolen Valor Act? They owe us an apology for this, not Rush. Rush Limbaugh has been one of the most supportive voices we have left in the media, with quite a few servicemen who may very well owe their freedom and reputations to him for his publicly defending them while they're being Nifonged by the media and certain members of Congress. I wouldn't listen to him nor read his website daily if he wasn't. So I'm asking of you, sir, not only to defend Rush and his First Amendment Rights, but more to defend our honor and reputations from those of your colleagues in the House and the Senate who say they support us on one hand and then undermine, besmirch, and Nifong all of us, from the President and Gen. Petraeus to the newest private. Don't let their sickening hypocrisy stand. Call them out on the floor -- and do it publicly, please.

I thank you for your time, SSG David [----]
D Company, 3/144th Infantry
LSA Adder, Tallil, APO AE 09331


Well, that's my letter in a nutshell. Use it if you wish, because that kind of hypocrisy from the likes of Kerry and his ilk shouldn't stand. I also sent a copy to Hannity. Thanks for the years of fun watching your TV show and listening to you on the radio.

Keep up the great work.

Dave


EMAIL #2:

Dear Rush,

I can think of countless times that I felt the desire to write and tell you how I felt about a subject. I think I finally found something that I could not stay quiet on any longer. This phony soldier story has disgusted me like no other. I am currently deployed to Iraq for my third time. Your Adopt-a-Soldier Program has enabled me to listen everyday by downloading your program and I have always taken great pride in your support of the military. My parents turned me on to listening to you a decade ago and I listen every minute I can. I have also taken great pride in also being a fellow Missourian, from Lake of the Ozarks here myself. I am writing this while I am listening to a downloaded copy of Friday's program. This is one soldier that cannot convey enough the disgust I have for these liberals. To totally take your comment out of context like this and demean you in this way is disgusting, especially from people that disgust me. One of your sound bites was from a woman that quoted poll numbers from soldiers that say we should pull out, and numbers that say we should pull out now.

I'm not sure where she got her numbers, because she didn't ask anyone in my company. My company would be quite the opposite way. To be honest, there isn't a one of us that wouldn't rather be home, but we support the war, support our mission, and support why we are here, one and all. I have been in the 101st Airborne for the majority of the last 11 years. I served under then Major General Petraeus during Operation Iraqi Freedom I, when we first crossed the border. I have met him and consider him to be a great man. What these liberals did to him angers me. I know I am rambling Rush, and for that I apologize. I am extremely angry about how Iraq is portrayed. We are winning this like no one back home would ever understand. I am extremely angry about what is being said about you over this phony soldier story. I am extremely angry about how none of these liberals are called on their lies and attacks against George Bush and Iraq. I guess I just want to express my tremendous support of you Rush and how much you are appreciated by some of the soldiers out here.

Keep up the good fight,

Paul [-----]


These emails echo what I am receiving myself in support of Rush, one of which was left in my comments section of the first post I did on this subject:

This was left in the comment section of this post and I am putting it on top-- (This post)

I am a soldier in the U.S. Army. I served for a year in Iraq. Senator Reid, where are these "thousands" of soldiers who oppose the war? I didn't meet them in uniform. I submit, Senator Reid, that they are a product of your putrid imagination -- phantom, phony soldiers indeed.

Senator Reid, the thing about this war that frustrates us soldiers more than anything else are the intentional, malicious and subversive efforts by you and your cronies to undercut our mission. You, Senator Reid, are a far more virulent enemy of the United States than anything we have confronted in Iraq. We can deal directly with the enemies we face in combat. Be thankful that we have to deal with you through more civil means. (John Breland)



Fred Thompson nails it right on the head.

Congressional Democrats are trying to divert attention from insulting our military leader in Iraq and pandering to the loony left by attacking Rush Limbaugh. He is one of the strongest supporters of our troops, yet Democrats claim he is not being strong enough. I wonder who General Petraeus and his troops think is most supportive?


I think the comments and emails from our troops are answering that question loud and clear.

Rush, himself points out what I have pointed out previously, the Democrats are trying to distract and distort for a reason, because they understand that they have failed their supporters and they are hiding from that by manufacturing false controversy.

What Harry Reid and Tom Harkin are doing is predictable. It's what all leaders of all top-down, repressive movements do. They find ways to rile up and distract their dissatisfied, disaffected, and disappointed followers. It's a convenient and non-substantive way to stay in power. After all, Harry Reid and Tom Harkin and all the other Democrats have failed miserably to come through on what their supporters have demanded of them, and that is to end the Iraq war and bring the troops home. So they have to distract from their own failures. Their General Petraeus ad was an absolute disaster. They need to change the subject. They need to try to redeem themselves after that disaster, and they do so by focusing on me because they know that their lunatic fringe base hates me, and if anybody is being distracted, ladies and gentlemen, it's the Democrat base. The Democrat base is being distracted from noticing the abject failure of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to deliver on what their supporters consider their mandate to be following the November '06 elections.


They are also trying to distract from the hugely unsuccessful attempt by MoveOn to smear a four star General by attempting to attack his credibility.

As I have pointed out many times before and I will CONTINUE to point out until they understand....we are not going to let them forget.

Ever.

By the way, just to show the far left and Democratic politicians that their distortions will not distract us as they wish it would, I am showing ALL previous posts about the MoveOn debacle they are trying so hard to hide from by creating this false smear job and false controversy regarding Rush.

You cannot hide, you cannot run, you cannot distract us from making sure everyone knows who did vote to condemn Moveon.org and more importantly who did not stand by our General and our troops in a time of war and would not condemn the group for attacking General Petraeus.

This will follow you into 2008 and myself and dozens and dozens of others will see to it that you are not allowed to hide from this.

Michelle Malkin calls this pathetic attempt to distract, "Bottom-of-the-barrel desperation.".

I must agree.

Previous:

MoveOn.org calls Petraeus a traitor, earns an RC award
Do Democrats stand by Move On or Denounce them?-UPDATE- Petraeus Speech/Statement
Democrats Stand with MoveOn Attack Against Petraeus
MoveOn is the gift that keeps giving...to the GOP
The Cornyn Amendment
President Bush calls MoveOn Ad Disgusting
The Cornyn Amendment- Updated- PASSED & Roll Call--Text Added
Public Editor Hoyt From New York Times Lies About the "Error"
How the NYT and MoveOn helped General Petraeus and Hurt Hillary Clinton & Co.
MoveOn Betray Us Ad Backfires Against MoveOn.org
More Fallout for Democrats from MoveOn.org Ad.


Pathetic attempts like this are simply more proof that Democrats have a unique ability to continue to shoot themselves in the head, over and over and over again.

Keep it up, PLEASE.

More discussion at memeorandum.

Definitely read NRO, Hugh Hewitt.

I would really like to see our troops in Iraq polled on how many think Rush Limbaugh supports them compared to how many think the Democratic politicians support them.

That would be a huge eye opener and embarrassment for the far left liberal unhinged.

Open trackback over at Stop the ACLU today.




Shop the Curb Your Enthusiasm Section at Store.HBO.com


.