Custom Search

Saturday, September 22, 2007

One Year...

One year...

Children have been born, lives have been lost, families have joined, couples have married, couples have divorced, school has ended, school has started.

One year...

Fortunes have been made, fortunes have been lost, dreams have come true, dreams have been lost, hearts have been broken, hearts have found great joy.

One year...

Three hundred and sixty-five days, one trip around the sun in our orbit, twelve months, fifty-two weeks, one one-hundredth of a century.

One year...

From UrbanGrounds, and congratulations to Robbie for three years in the trenches:

I wrote my first post (a recap of the 2004 Austin City Limits Music Festival) on this blog on Sept. 22, 2004. Three years later and I’m still at it.

Congratulations to Susan Duclos at Wake Up America who is celebrating her 1 year blogiversary today!


ONE YEAR ago, these words set forth a roller coaster of thoughts, ideas, debate, discussion, arguments, agreements, and the bringing together of new friends with one common goal, keeping America American:

Wake Up America

It is time for people to wake up. Polls show what the pollsters wish them to show "at that moment".
Fact is we had terrorists, not just knock on our door on 9/11, but crashed through our door and killed our family.
George Bush woke up, the rest of us simply turned over and went back to sleep.
Wake up!
Put it in smaller terms, if someone broke into YOUR house and killed YOUR family, would you demand law enforcement hunt them down or find em and "talk" to them? Would you expect those that aided them, hid them, fed them, clothed them and funded them to face justice also? Or would you "ask" them to stop helping?
America is OUR house, each state is a room in that house..... The terrorists broke into our house and killed 3,000 people...
George Bush woke up and did what I would hope any one of us would do... we started hunting, we gave them a choice, with us or against us in a war on terror.
When are the rest of us going to wake up?
I might not agree with every single decision made, but I back them because "I" am not the one that had to make that decision, Bush was.
For the record, I was a democrat and have been all my life, I did not vote for George Bush, but if given the option today... I would vote for him in a heartbeat.
He stuck by his guns, despite the "polls", he stayed consistent despite the "polls", he showed backbone and spine, despite the "polls".
Wake up America and either stand behind one of the few people that is trying to keep us as safe as we can be, or shut up, sit down and stay the hell out of his way. Let him do the job that others are incapable or unwilling to do.
Wake up, this is not a dream or nightmare, this IS a war and we did not start it, but we damn well better be the ones standing at the end of it.
Wake up!

One year...

OUTSTANDING, and WELL DONE, on the first anniversary of the blog! And what a year it's been. I have watched and read through the past year, shaking my head sometimes at the insight that you put into your articles. Once jaundiced by the political world, I have to say that watching and being involved in this the past year with you has been a refreshing drink of cool, clear water for me.

No one can say that it hasn't touched people. I know for me, personally, when you asked me to come on board and do some writing, it forced me to set aside my personal cynicisms with the political process and return to an approach more analytical and interpretive rather than taking a party line stand on things. And, of course, I must confess, it has been fun being a part of it. Even when the Raula's of the world come in and run and hide when I try SO hard to get him to threaten ME the way that he's threatened others...

Ahem.

I digress.

In one year you have taken an initial burst of frustration at seeing the way our troops were being demeaned by the media and the left and turned this site into something that offers the unique insights of a variety of sources: yourself, a former democrat; me, with my backgrounds in history, political science, writing, and so many other things, some of which I had completely walked away from in utter disgust for a time; the veterans and military family contributions to the site, the entire loose confederation that you have put together here in one year.

The troops who come here absolutely love and appreciate knowing that their words, their thoughts, their ideas, are given credence and appreciated. The veterans, and I speak AS one of them in this, appreciate SO MUCH your respect for what we have contributed to our nation.

And I DO know you have captured the attention of our own government, Israel, factions in the Middle East, and the Simon Weisenthal Center.

One year...

I have to chuckle each time I see the "playful primate" listing at the bottom of the site. You have very much taken your thoughts and ideas and moved them from the "primordial soup" of the blog world and in ONE YEAR have evolved it into what it is today; a viable and growing creation of thoughts and ideas.

Well done. Congratulations on one year. To quote Stan Lee, "EXCELSIOR!"

One year...and counting...

Once and Always, an American Fighting Man



Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.


.