Custom Search

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rep. Massa Addresses Netroots: I will vote against the interests of my district

Liberal Democrat, Representative Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) tell his constituents that even if they were 80 percent against and only 20 percent for the single payer option as part of Obamacare, he would vote for it... because he knows what is best for them even if they don't.

This type of audacity and ignoring constituents that voted him into office, is why many, many Democrats will be losing seats come their next election.



Washington Times has the transcript.

Revealing portion quoted below, go to Times to read it all.

PARTICIPANT: If there was eighty twenty in the room?

MASSA: If there was a single payer bill?

PARTICIPANT: And there was a single payer….

MASSA: I will vote for the single payer bill.

PARTICIPANT: Even if it meant you were being voted out of office?

MASSA: I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful.

(inaudible participants' comments regarding the "interests" of the district statement from Mr. Massa)

Massa: I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them.


Hat Tip to Hot Air, who notes Massa only won his last election with "51/49 election last year".

Now, on the flip side, moderate Blue Dog Democrat Representative Allen Boyd, (D-Fl), admits that scrapping the whole Obamacare bills and starting all over again is an "excellent idea."

The contrast between a moderate, willing to listen to his constituents and an arrogant ass who thinks he knows better than the people that voted him in, says it all.

.