Custom Search

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vote NOW!!! FINAL UPDATE!

UPDATE: The contest closed at noon (PST) and Roselle WON the vacation for her soldier and his family.

Thanks to ALL who voted :)

I received two emails today (Tuesday) about a project that will only take a couple of minutes of your time. I found the info posted at Miss Ladybug (here) so am just copying hers since she set it out so clearly:
Monday, April 13, 2009

Help a Soldiers' Angel give the gift of time to her returning soldier

Forwarded to me via email:

A Soldiers Angel has planned a special gift for her Soldiers homecoming. She needs help in voting for him. See below:

My name is Roselle Portin and I am a friend of Lorraine Blacklock.

I have a favor to ask of you. Your consideration of this would be greatly appreciated.

I am a member of Soldiers Angels. My family and I have been blessed to receive Kxxxx Xxxxxxxxx as our adopted soldier. Through the program we write to him, send care packages and keep him in our thoughts and prayers every day. He has a family in NY that he will be returning home to soon.

I wanted to do something very special for Xxxxx upon his return. In order to do this I entered a contest to win a family dude ranch vacation in Idaho. The kids went door to door, we asked our church family for help, we asked everyone at school, everyone we came into contact with throughout the day and all our friends and family for help. We were winning.

Now we are not. My family will cover air fare for the Family but we cannot afford the ranch if we don't win it.

I was wondering if you had a network of people that would be willing to help me out in this. It is VERY easy to vote. No personal info is required and it only takes a minute.

Here's how it works.
1. go to www.redhorsemountainranch.com
2. click on 'win a family dude ranch vacation' under Guest Story Contest
3. click on Roselle Portin and VOTE.
The contest ends April 15th.

I know it's a big favor. I just wanted a really special way to send a very big 'thank you' to Xxxx and his family (he is not aware of this). If you could help I would be so thankful....


For more on this go to Assoluta Tranquillita here, or just GO VOTE, please. THEN, passs it on! With 7 hours to go this is only 35 votes behind the leader..

Thank you.