Custom Search

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scott Brown On Jobs Bill

Scott Brown, along with four other Republicans voted to move forward with Harry Reid's $15 billion jobs bill (partial second stimulus bill), which should be voted on to pass this week.

Brown's statement on the subject:

"I came to Washington to be an independent voice, to put politics aside, and to do everything in my power to help create jobs for Massachusetts families," Brown said in a statement issued by his office. "This Senate jobs bill is not perfect. I wish the tax cuts were deeper and broader, but I will vote for it because it contains measures that will help put people back to work.

"I was disappointed with the continuation of politics-as-usual in the drafting of this bill, as it was crafted behind closed doors, without transparency and accountability. I hope for improvements in that process going forward. All of us, Republicans and Democrats, have to work together to get our economy back on track. I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington."


The vote passed with 62-30.

The other Republicans joining with Brown were Christopher Bond (Mo.), Susan Collins (Maine), Olympia J. Snowe (Maine) and George V. Voinovich.

One Democrat, Ben Nelson, voted against it.

.