This has to be a sign that the end of the world is approaching. During the past few hours of watch Fox News, at least 10 times I have seen a commercial advertising a Barack Obama commemorative coin set, called the Change Collection.
Topps, the company responsible for Baseball Cards is producing President Obama Cards, "Sure I will trade 2 Mickey Mantles for 1 Barack and 1 Michelle" And the Associated Press has even published a Glossary of Obama related words like Obamatopia, that must have Webster spinning around in his grave so fast that his remains could will be able to generate enough electricity to power New York City For a decade. Words like:
- OBAMAPHORIA: The postelection rapture that swept over Obama's supporters worldwide.
- OBAMANATION: A twist on "abomination," expressed by evangelicals and other conservatives who oppose Obama's stance on abortion, gay marriage and other social issues.
- OBAMANOS: A play on "Vamonos," or "Let's go," among Obama fans in Mexico.
- OBAMATOPIA: The political paradise that Obama's staunchest supporters hope he'll usher in.OBAMALUJAH: Exultation shouted by his fans.
- OBAMATRONS: The policy wonks who will occupy the West Wing of his White House.
- OBAMASCOPE: Media scrutiny of the new leader. (Example: "One hundred days after Barack Obama took office, newspaper editors put the president's economic plan under the Obamascope.")
- OBAMANATOR: Hollywood-inspired nickname for the new president — even if he's got what California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger contends are "skinny legs" and "scrawny little arms."
- OBAMALICIOUS: Complimentary term used by those who like Obama's looks.
- OBAMALOHA: Goodbye, Obama-style, with a nod to Hawaii, his birthplace.
- OH-BAMA: Joyful exclamation, via headlines in the Kennebec, Maine, Journal, The Register-Guard in Eugene, Ore., and The Namibian, from the southern African country of Namibia.
- BAMELOT: Description of his presidency, from a New York Post headline that played on the youth and freshness of John F. Kennedy's administration that came to be known as "Camelot."
- BARACKSTAR: Description from those who believe Obama is "the Mick Jagger of politics" (from Slate.com).
I have also been told that a High School in Detroit has named Obama one of the Top three presidents EVER--and the guy didn't even take office yet!!
This adoration even made my 18 year-old daughter who is an "Obamaniac" (where did I go wrong) physically ill.
All of this adoration is a good sign for those of us who believe in a free America. As Obama's team comes together we can see that from the head of his transition team to his Chief of Staff on down, the Obama administration will be resurrecting every one who served under Bill Clinton with the possible exception of Monica Lewinsky. Those Americans who are on the Oba-Messiah watch, are going to be very disappointed when the "Chosen One's" promised change is really a step backward. They might even say that the newly-crowned Messiah is just full of Bara-Krap.