Custom Search

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hillary Clinton Is Willing To Put "Party" Before Country

Via Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:

Here is her statement:

"I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you."


This leaves us with some very important questions for Hillary Clinton about putting "party" over country since she already publicly admitted that John Mccain has the experience and Brack Obama has a "speech he made in 2002".

Her exact words were:

In this election we need a nominee who can pass the commander-in-chief test. Someone ready on day one to defend our country and keep our families safe. And we need a president who passes that test, because the first and most solemn duty of the president of the United States is on protect and defend our nation. And when there is a crisis and when the phone rings whether it's 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 a.m. In the White House, there is no time for speeches and on the job training. Senator McCain will bring a time of experience to the campaign. I will bring a lifetime of experience and Senator Obama will bring a speech he gave in 2002. I think that is a significant difference. I think that since we now know Senator McCain will be the nominee for the party, national security will be front and center in this election. We all know that. And I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander in chief threshold. And I believe that I have done that. Certainly Senator McCain has done that. And you will have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy."


You can even see her saying it, from March 2008:



Compare the two statements... Hillary Clinton has just sold her supporters out and sold her country out, all in the name of being a "Democrat".

The GOP is already using that very speech as well as many others from prominent Democratic politicians calling Obama, confused, dangerous, elitist and inexperienced.

So, Clinton tells the world that Barack Obama is unprepared, has no experience and would be bad for the country, yet she is willing to put the "party" over the well being of the country?

I bet Hillary supporters that thought so much of her are now wondering how she could stab them in the back like this, when they truly believed that Hillary Clinton cared more for the country and the safety of America than she did about the party.

That has to be a very very bitter pill for them to swallow today.

.