Custom Search

Friday, February 23, 2007

Cheney Nails Pelosi AGAIN!!!

I ranted about Pelosi yesterday here. So, today let us take a look at what else Cheney is saying, despite Nancy Pelosi's call to the President (whom she couldn't reach) to whine about the Vice President telling people the truth about her. (Transcipt here) (Video here)

As Karl reports, "Cheney first made that allegation regarding Pelosi's call for a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq on Wednesday, prompting Pelosi to call the White House to ask President Bush to repudiate the comments.

"Pelosi called Cheney's words 'beneath the dignity of the debate we're engaged in and a disservice to our men and women in uniform, whom we all support.'

"Cheney: She did call him. She got [chief of staff] Josh Bolten. The president wasn't in right then. But I'm not sure what part of it is that Nancy disagreed with. [Cheney chuckles]

"She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism. I questioned her judgment. If you're going to advocate a course of action that basically is withdrawal of our forces from Iraq, then you don't get to just do the fun part of that, that says, we'll we're going to get out and appeal to your constituents on that basis.

"You also have to be accountable for the results. What are the consequences of that? What happens if we withdraw from Iraq? And the point I made and I'll make it again is that al Qaeda functions on the basis that they think they can break our will. That's their fundamental underlying strategy, that if they can kill enough Americans or cause enough havoc, create enough chaos in Iraq, then we'll quit and go home. And my statement was that if we adopt the Pelosi policy, that then we will validate the strategy of al Qaeda. I said it and I meant it.

"Karl: And you're not backing down?

"Cheney: I'm not backing down."

At yesterday's press briefing, by the way, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino came to Cheney's defense -- quite aggressively.

"Q Was he at all out of line in making those comments?

"MS. PERINO: The Vice President out of line? Absolutely not. He was questioning the merits of the -- of their proposal. And I think if you go up and take a look back at some of the things that they've said about the President, the tables could be turned. But we're not making the same accusations."

I think I am starting to like Dick Cheney....he is telling it like it is and Pelosi can whine all she wants, but Cheney is speaking the truth.

If she wants them to soft step when speaking about her, she is outta luck, bigtime.

A little advice for Pelosi, you want people to think you are supporting the troops? START DOING IT and quit doing al-Qaeda's job for them.

.