If the 2008 Republican presidential caucus were being held today between (names rotated) Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Alan Keyes, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, and Fred Thompson, for whom would you vote?
According to the American Research Group in their Iowa polling, the race is between Mitt Romney at 28% and Mike Huckabee at 27%.
The only other double digit is Fred Thompson at 14%.
Giuliani and McCain are both at 9% and those that don't even clear 4% are Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter and Alan Keyes.
* 30% of likely caucus participants are undecided (9%) or say they could switch candidates between now and January 3 (21%).
* 56% of those saying they support Romney say their support is definite.
* 71% of those saying they support McCain say their support is definite.
* 75% of those saying they support Thompson say their support is definite.
* 89% of those saying they support Huckabee say their support is definite.
* Among men, Huckabee is at 34%, Romney 15%, and Thompson 17%.
* Among women, Huckabee is at 19%, Romney 43%, and Thompson 11%.
I have said quite often money means nothing without voters being willing to vote for you. The difference in men and women though are interesting for Huckabee and Romney.
The primaries are almost upon us so the polls are starting to mean a little more and the 5 top tiered candidates are truly the only candidates we need to keep our eyes on.
The rest are nothing more than distractions at this point.